3 de marzo de 2011

Never Let Me Go ♥

You say you’re sure? Sure that you’re in love? How can you know it? You think love is so simple?

Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.

I can't even say I made my own mistakes. Really - one has to ask oneself - what dignity is there in that?

Memory is quite central for me. Part of it is that I like the actual texture of writing through memory..

Your life must now run the course that's been set for it.

The problem, as I see it, is that you've been told and not told. You've been told, but none of you really understand, and I dare say, some people are quite happy to leave it that way

Sometimes I get so immersed in my own company, if I unexpectedly run into someone I know, it's a bit of a shock and takes me a while to adjust

We took away your art because we thought it would reveal your souls. Or to put it more finely, we did it to prove you had souls at all

You have to accept that sometimes that's how things happen in this world. People's opinions, their feelings, they go one way, then the other. It just so happens you grew up at a certain point in this process.

I needed to get familiar with sex, and it would be just as well to practise first with a boy I didn't care about too much. Then later on, if I was with someone special, I'd have more chance of doing everything right
The evening's the best part of the day. 
You've done your day's work. 
Now you can put your feet up and enjoy it

Indeed — why should I not admit it? — in that moment, my heart was breaking

It was like there was some parallel universe we all vanished off to where we had all this sex

It had never occurred to me that our lives, which had been so closely interwoven, could unravel with such speed

...and I half closed my eyes and imagined this was the spot where everything I'd ever lost since my childhood had washed up, and I was now standing here in front of it, and if I waited long enough, a tiny figure would appear on the horizon across the field and gradually get larger until I'd see it was Tommy,
 and he'd wave, and maybe even call.

2 comentarios:

  1. sólo he visto la película aunque he estudiado la novela en clase y leí el final que es casi idéntico a las palabras que se dicen en la película, eso me encantó.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. si yo igual la pelicula y el libro por capitulos tengo que comprarmelo ya..bueno todos los libros de Kazuo pfff.... el es como un Nicholas Sparks ahaha

    ResponderBorrar