27 de marzo de 2011

I wonder how it began...

Mr. Chow
It must seem odd to ask you out, but I want to ask something.
That handbag I saw you with this evening...Where did you buy it?
Mrs. Chan: 
Why do you ask?
Mr. Chow: 
It looked so elegant. I want to get one for my wife.
Mrs. Chan
Mr. Chow, you're so good to your wife!

Mr. Chow:
 Not really! My wife is so fussy.
Her birthday is some days away. 
I don't know what to get her. 
Could you buy one for me to give her?
Mrs. Chan: 
Maybe she wouldn't want one just exactly the same.
Mr. Chow: 
You're right,I didn't think of that. A woman would mind.
Mrs. Chan: 
Yes, especially since we're neighbors.
Mr. Chow:
 Do they come in other colors?
Mrs. Chan: 
I'd have to ask my husband.
Mr. Chow: 
Why?
Mrs. Chan:
 He bought it for me on a business trip abroad. 
They aren't on sale here.
Mr. Chow: 
Then never mind.
Mrs. Chan: 
Actually...I want to ask you something too.
Mr. Chow: 
 What?
Mrs. Chan: 
Where did you buy your tie?
Mr. Chow:
 I don't know where it came from.
 My wife buys all my ties.
Mrs. Chan:
 Really?
Mr. Chow: 
She bought this one on a business trip abroad. 
It's not on sale here.
Mrs. Chan: 
What a coincidence!
Mr. Chow: 
Yes.
Mrs. Chan:
 Actually...My husband has one just like it. 
He said it was a gift from his boss.
So he wears it every day.
Mr. Chow: 
And my wife has a bag just like yours.
Mrs. Chan:
 I know, I've seen it.
What are you getting at, actually?
 I thought I was the only one who knew...
I wonder how it began...

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario