19 de febrero de 2011

I'm here to erase Clementine Kruczynski...

Joel: My name is Joel Barish, and I'm here to erase Clementine Kruczynski.
Howard: Very good. Now, tell me about, uh, Clementine.
Joel: Uh, I was... living with this woman, Naomi, uh, a couple years ago, and my friends Rob and Carrie invited us to this party at the beach... I don't like parties. Naomi couldn't go, but I went...
and I, uh, met Clementine.
Patrick: I'm sorry.

Howard: Let's start with your most recent memories...and work backwards from there, more or less.
There's an emotional core...to each of our memories, and when you eradicate that core it starts its degradation process. By the time you wake up in the morning, all the memories we've targeted will have withered and disappeared, as in a dream upon waking.
Joel: Is there any risk of brain damage?


Howard: Well, uh, technically speaking,the procedure is brain damage, but it's on a par with a night of heavy drinking. Nothing you'll miss.


Stan: Comfortable? What we're doing here, Mr. Barish, is actually creating a map of your brain.

Howard: Okay, let's get started. If we want to get this procedure underway tonight, we have some work to do.

Stan: I want you to react to these objects, Mr. Barish, if you will.

Joel: There's a good story behind this one...
Stan: Uh, actually, Mr. Barish, I'll get a much better emotional readout...
if you refrain from any sort of verbal description of the items. Just try to focus on the memories.

Joel: Oh. Sorry. Okay.
Stan: Healthy activity up there again. Healthy readouts. Very good. Here's another object.
That's so...Next item. Okay. Potato head. Next item. Okay. Just focus on the memories.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario