24 de febrero de 2011

I want to enjoy my little time left with you...

Joel:
I'm done, Clem. I'm just going to ride it out. 
 Hiding is clearly not working.
Clem: Yeah.
Joel:
I want to enjoy my little time left with you.
Clem: 
This is our first "date" date.
Joel:
Do you remember what we talked about?
Clem: 
Naomi, I guess.
Joel: Yeah.
Clem: 
What was I wearing?
Joel:
God, I should know. Your hair was red. 
I remember it matched the wallpaper.
Clem: Egad, were you horrified?
Joel: 
No! I think you were wearing that black dress, 
y'know, with the buttons.
Clem:
No, you were with me when I bought that
At that place on East 6th. It was later.
Joel:
Right. Something black though.
Clem:
I'll buy that. Black's always good.
Joel:
We did talk about Naomi.
Clem:
I said: Are you sure? You seem unsure.
Joel:
I'm sure, I said.
Clem:
But you weren't. I could tell.
Joel:
I was so nervous. 
 I remember I couldn't think of anything to say. 
 There were long silences.
I thought I was foolish. 
 I thought I'd mistaken infatuation for love. 
 You said:

Clem:
So what. Infatuation is good, too.
Joel:
And I didn't have an argument.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario