25 de enero de 2011

Animated Documentary About Noam Chomsky

Michel Gondry:  Making Animated Documentary 
About Noam Chomsky
The director has a number of projects in various stages of development that he continues to tinker with and as he revealed last month, one of projects is a documentary on the world-renowned linguist, philosopher and activist Noam Chomsky. Details at the time were scarce except that it would be animated and that he had already started the interview process with Chomsky.
I’m doing an animated documentary on Noam Chomsky. So it’s very specific. I’ve been interviewing him many times and I took all the sound, because I barely shot him… I shot him a few occasions but mostly it’s sound. I’m doing it in animation so I have my animation camera, it’s a Bolex 16mm. And I’m doing all the drawings. It’s something I do every night when I go home. It’s very exciting to be very complex because we talk about linguistics and it’s… captivating because he has this very personal and convincing views on how language was created as a genetic mutation more than 
a slow, evolutionary process.
And I’m illustrating that.”

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario